Monday, December 13, 2010

Christmases Past


This tree skirt is the first thing I made to decorate my house with as a newlywed.







An ornament framed with popsicle sticks to create the Nativity circa 2000

I love getting out the Christmas decorations. They bring back memories of past years. There are the ornaments marking special occasions like our first year as husband and wife, or the kids first Christmas. I even have ornaments for our pets. But nothing can beat the handmade decorations that the kids made in school or Sunday School.



Gotta love the tiny hand print. Nathan was only 2 when he did this.

I a m not sure why, but I love this simple paper ornament colored by one of the kids. I should have been keeping track of the artist for each masterpiece!

Molly did this jigsaw puzzle ornament in school
 
This is one of my favorites


This is an ornament that Nathan made while he was in school.
Like the kids, I too have made a number of things for Christmas decorations over the years. I am in the process of creating a new batch of decorations to help update the old.  Here is a sampling:



These stockings were made when the kids were born.

These are pictures of the nativity scene that I made when I was first married. All the details were cross stitched and machine sewn together. Nathan has asked that I  finish the set with the wise men, angel, camels, sheep and donkeys. So I will definitely have to start now to be ready by next year!

Here is the updated version of the Christmas elf. I am wondering if I should change the shorts to red like the tie and hat and boots?

1 comment:

  1. Do you still have that pattern for that nativity set. I have been trying to find it but haven't been able too. I have the other patters for it such as baby Jesus, the three magi, the donkey, sheep, and such but I don't have the pattern for Mary and Joseph. The kit had to be bought from Cross Stitch and Country Craft but the magazine company went out of business.

    ReplyDelete