Wednesday, October 27, 2010

My Birthday Present

Very exciting news. In less than one week, I will celebrate my 48th birthday.  All be it a great accomplishment to almost reach half a century, that's not the exciting part. My daughter Molly is giving me a wonderful gift for this birthday. I bought a couple of gallons of paint, and she has announced that she is going to paint my sewing room for me as her present for me. We moved into our house in 1998.  Molly was only 2 years old at the time. The house had just been built.Over the years, all the other rooms have been either wallpapered or painted except for the sewing room. Molly  has gotten to be a pro at painting. She spent a week this summer in Pennsylvania on a missions trip painting the house of an older woman who had originally paid someone else to do the painting but that person ended up taking her money and not doing the job.  She also painted our bathroom a couple of months ago. I am so proud of her! Not only is she a great painter, she is also a very compassionate person who enjoys helping others.
Well anyway I spent hours at the paint store looking at sample colors. I agonized to find just the right color. Originally I wanted a burnt sienna. That is one of my favorite colors, but it probably would not go with the sewing accents I bought for the walls at 60% of at Joann Fabrics. I finally settled on a Williamsburg paint called CW317 or Brush Damask Wallpaper Gold.  I decided that neutral was the way to go.
This should go with most of the stuff I have already
Now the hard part is getting the time to have Molly paint it. She is a busy girl. It may not get done until after Christmas because our weekends are so busy. And this is  big room, so it will take a bit of time to do. Molly also tends to be a procrastinator like me. But it will get done eventually.  Now the only thing I have to worry about is my son Nathan wanting to take over the room as his own bedroom. His room is only half the size of the sewing room and he has suggested that we swap. No deal! In the meantime, I will keep on sewing.

1 comment:

  1. What a great birthday present!! Good thinking Molly!!
    I like the paint you chose too - you'll definitely have to post before/after pics!!

    diane :)

    ReplyDelete